We were established in 1997 (20 years ago this year) and pride ourselves in offering both modern and traditional styles of Line dancing, with more than one qualified instructor.
Whether you're a complete novice, a beginner, an improver, or an intermediate, we look to welcome you to our only venue - Romford United Services Club (the RUSSC) - at any time.
If you're an absolute beginner - or you've not been for a while - you may find it beneficial to join us from 7:00 ~ 7:30 pm on a Monday. This is when we break down the basic steps we use in Line dancing, without any music. It's a unique opportunity to learn these steps at a slower pace.
2018 - moving forward
Our circumstances are about to change at Hills n Toes, as many of you are aware.
Gary has sadly decided to leave us at the RUSSC, Romford on 31 December, 2017. Our team will return to run Tuesday and Thursday evenings. (There will be no change to our Monday class.)
We will be reformatting Tuesday evenings. Please see the posters below for full details of our classes with effect from the beginning of next year. We hope many of you will join us. Our first night of line dancing (Improvers/Intermediate) in 2018 will be on Thursday, 4 January.
We wish Gary every success going forward.
We probably have the most comfortable venue in the area, as the RUSSC has been recently reburbished. There's a sprung dance floor (kind to your 'heels & toes' ☺ ), air conditioning in the summer and central heating in the winter.
Our flyers are clickable and open in new windows.
If you've never Line danced before and have preconceptions about it - then the short video below should help dispel the myths!
All classes are held at:
Romford United Services and Social Club (RUSSC)
28 Mawney Road
- Mondays - Beginners/Improvers: 7:00 ~ 10:30 pm (except Bank Holidays)
- If you're an absolute beginner - or you've not been for a while - you may find it beneficial to join us from 7:00 ~ 7:30 pm on a Monday. This is when we break down the basic steps we use in Line dancing, without any music. It's a unique opportunity to learn these steps at a slower pace.
- Tuesdays - Intermediate: 8:00 ~ 10:30 pm
- Thurdays - Improvers/Intermediate: 8:00 ~ 10:30 pm
- Licensed bar (please do not consume your own drinks - soft drinks can be purchased from the bar)
- Recently refurbished function suite
- Sprung Dance Foor (kind to your 'heels & toes'!)
- Access to RUSSC car park in Linden Street, RM7 7DP (off Como Street)
- We have been teaching Line dance in this venue for 18 years
- All classes - £6.00
- Non dancers / U14s - £1.00
- Join our qualified A.I.S.T.D. teachers. Our teaching methods will demonstrate technique as well as the fun and benefits of dance. Our classes are with any combination of Hillary Kurt-Webster, AISTD, Gary Samms, Angela Ottley, AISTD and Susie Gurnett.
- Our aim is to get you dancing to a wide range of music and styles, creating a 'feel-good' factor, dancing alongside like-minded people. A dance class with a social atmosphere!
- Principal's note - despite common perception, we are not jumping around like Cowboys and Indians, shouting 'yee-hah' or firing bows and arrows. We are funky people!
We have also provided Line dance instruction and DJ for many private functions - we can combine Line dancing with regular disco - so if you're thinking of hosting an event like this; make sure you contact us!
- Hillary Kurt-Webster, A.I.S.T.D.
- Paul Webster (The Original Toes!)
- Gary 'Daz' Samms
- Angela Ottley, A.I.S.T.D.
- Susie Gurnett
- Mark (Roadie)
- Haydn Tucker
- ...and various lovely friends who from time to time come and assist us with the occasional teach or two!