OPENING NIGHT: our re-structured Tuesday class – Rock n Stroll in Line – begins on 16 January. Come and join us! There is FREE admission on your first visit!
We were established in 1997 (20 years ago last year) and pride ourselves in offering both modern and traditional styles of Line dancing, with more than one qualified instructor.
Whether you're a complete novice, a beginner, an improver, or an intermediate, we look to welcome you to our only venue - Romford United Services Club (the RUSSC) - at any time.
If you're an absolute beginner - or you've not been for a while - you may find it beneficial to join us from 7:00 ~ 7:30 pm on a Monday. This is when we break down the basic steps we use in Line dancing, without any music. It's a unique opportunity to learn these steps at a slower pace.
2018 - Moving Forward
Our circumstances have changed at Hills n Toes, as many of you are aware.
Gary (despite what you may have heard otherwise) unilaterally decided to leave us at the RUSSC, Romford on 31 December, 2017. Our team have returned to run Tuesday and Thursday evenings. (There will be no change to our Monday class.)
We will be reformatting Tuesday evenings. Please see the posters above for full details of our classes with effect from the beginning of 2018. We hope many of you will join us. Our first night of line dancing (Improvers/Intermediate) in 2018 was on Thursday, 4 January.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, our re-structured Tuesday class – Rock n Stroll in Line – begins on 16 January, NOT 9 January as originally advertised. PLEASE ADVISE ANYONE WHO MAY NOT SEE THIS NOTIFICATION. Thank you. There is FREE admission on your first entry!
We probably have the most comfortable venue in the area, as the RUSSC has been recently reburbished. There's a sprung dance floor (kind to your 'heels & toes' ), air conditioning in the summer and central heating in the winter.
Our flyers are clickable and open in new windows.
If you've never Line danced before and have preconceptions about it - then the short video below should help dispel the myths!
All Hills n Toes' classes are held at:
Romford United Services and Social Club (RUSSC)
28 Mawney Road
- Mondays - Beginners/Improvers: 7:00 ~ 10:30 pm (except Bank Holidays)
- If you're an absolute beginner - or you've not been for a while - you may find it beneficial to join us from 7:00 ~ 7:30 pm on a Monday. This is when we break down the basic steps we use in Line dancing, without any music. It's a unique opportunity to learn these steps at a slower pace.
- Tuesdays - Rock n Stroll in Line: 7:30 ~ 10:30 pm
- Thurdays - Improvers/Intermediates: 7:30 ~ 10:30 pm
- Licensed bar (please do not consume your own drinks - soft drinks can be purchased from the bar)
- Recently refurbished function suite
- Sprung Dance Foor (kind to your 'heels & toes'!)
- Access to RUSSC car park in Linden Street, RM7 7DP (off Como Street)
- We have been teaching Line dance in this venue for 18 years
- All classes - £6.00
- Non dancers / U14s - £1.00
- Join our qualified A.I.S.T.D. teachers. Our teaching methods will demonstrate technique as well as the fun and benefits of dance. Our classes are with any combination of Hillary Kurt-Webster, AISTD, Angela Ottley, AISTD, and Susie Gurnett.
- Our aim is to get you dancing to a wide range of music and styles, creating a 'feel-good' factor, dancing alongside like-minded people. A dance class with a social atmosphere!
- Principal's note - despite common perception, we are not jumping around like Cowboys and Indians, shouting 'yee-hah' or firing bows and arrows. We are funky people!
We have also provided Line dance instruction and DJ for many private functions - we can combine Line dancing with regular disco - so if you're thinking of hosting an event like this; make sure you contact us!
- Hillary Kurt-Webster, A.I.S.T.D.
- Paul Webster (The Original Toes!)
- Angela Ottley, A.I.S.T.D.
- Susie Gurnett
- Mark (Roadie)
- Haydn Tucker
- ...and various lovely friends who from time to time come and assist us with the occasional teach or two!
Canvey Island Line dance classes with Caroliners
- Beginners - 7:00 pm ~ 8:00 pm: £3.00
- Improvers/Intermediates - 7:30 ~ 10:00 pm: £6.00
- Improvers/Intermediates - 2:15 ~ 16:15 pm: £5.00
Details for both days at Caroliners
- FREE tea/coffee/bickies!
- Very friendly club - you'll be made welcome!
- For more information on classes, please contact:
Smallgains Hall: 07806 224212
or 01268 680871 or 01708 473363