We were established in 1997 (20 years ago this year) and pride ourselves in offering both modern and traditional styles of Line dancing, with more than one qualified instructor.
Whether you're a complete novice, a beginner, an improver, or an intermediate, we look to welcome you to our only venue - Romford United Services Club (the RUSSC) - at any time.
2017 brings some changes. Hills & Paul are taking a step backwards and Gary will assume responsibility for our Tuesday and Thursday classes under the name of 'Nuline dance with Gary'. We will, of course be popping in from time to time to support him. Hills will continue to be principally in charge of our Monday night Beginners/Improvers class.
We probably have the most comfortable venue in the area, as the RUSSC has been recently reburbished. There's a sprung dance floor (kind to your 'heels & toes' ☺ ), air conditioning in the summer and central heating in the winter.
Our flyers are clickable and open in new windows.
We’re looking to organise more events in 2017 – both on the Line dance front and in other areas.
If you've never Line danced before and have preconceptions about it - then the short video below should help dispel the myths!
All classes are held at:
Romford United Services and Social Club (RUSSC)
28 Mawney Road
- Mondays - Beginners/Improvers: 7:30 ~ 10:30 pm (except Bank Holidays)
- Tuesdays - Intermediate: 8:00 ~ 10:30 pm
- Thurdays - Improvers/Intermediate: 8:00 ~ 10:30 pm
- Licensed bar (please do not consume your own drinks - soft drinks can be purchased from the bar)
- Recently refurbished function suite
- Sprung Dance Foor (kind to your 'heels & toes'!)
- Access to RUSSC car park in Linden Street, RM7 7DP (off Como Street)
- We have been teaching Line dance in this venue for 18 years
- All classes - £6.00
- Non dancers / U14s - £1.00
Join our qualified A.I.S.T.D. teachers. Our teaching methods will demonstrate technique as well as the fun and benefits of dance. Our classes are with any combination of Hillary Kurt-Webster, AISTD, Gary Samms, Angela Ottley, AISTD and Susie Gurnett.
- Our aim is to get you dancing to a wide range of music and styles, creating a 'feel-good' factor, dancing alongside like-minded people. A dance class with a social atmosphere!
- Principal's note - despite common perception, we are not jumping around like Cowboys and Indians, shouting 'yee-hah' or firing bows and arrows. We are funky people!
We have also provided Line dance instruction and DJ for many private functions - we can combine Line dancing with regular disco - so if you're thinking of hosting an event like this; make sure you contact us!
- Hillary Kurt-Webster, A.I.S.T.D.
- Paul Webster (The Original Toes!)
- Gary 'Daz' Samms
- Angela Ottley, A.I.S.T.D.
- Susie Gurnett
- Mark (Roadie)
- Haydn Tucker
- ...and various lovely friends who from time to time come and assist us with the occasional teach or two!